Body property in Ordered and Synchronous

Creator
Creator

Hi.

I have some parasolid file. When i open it as Ordered Part or Ordered Sheet Metal, i able to get the Model.Body property. But when i open it as Synchtonous Part or Synchronous Sheet Metal, i get error E_INVALIDARG

Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES

Re: Body property in Ordered and Synchronous

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, Yevgenius.

A few weeks ago I had a similar problem with Synchronous parts too. I wasn' t able to access some of it's properties.

I had to redo my parts in Ordered mode to make them work. Do your parts really need to be in synchronous mode?

Creator
Creator

Hi.

Thank You Smiley Happy Your solution (workaround) is good for my case.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I wish that I understood this issue better. In my testing, I'm not seeing any issues. I wonder if I'm using a different workflow or if the parasolid file I'm testing with works differently. Do you have an example parasolid file that you were having trouble with that you can share with me to look at?

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, Jason.

Here follows a sketch identical to the one I was having trouble with.

I was applying a protrusion and then making holes on it like in the picture bellow.

I received an error whenever I tryed to use the suppress property on the holes. When the sketch is ordered, everything works fine.

SE ST6.

image.jpg

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I know I am late on the discussion, but isn't the Suppress property not only supported in Ordered mode?

In Synchronous mode you have the Detach and Attach functionality. I believe, this might cause your problems with Suppress in Synchronous mode.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi !

Martin.

I didn't know the Detach and Attach functionality. The next time I deal with Synchronous files I'll try them.

Thank you!