Call for Programmers

[ Edited ]

I am not trying to affend anyone just not sure how else to get people to see

my message.

I am looking for a programmer to do some Solid Edge/Web programming for my

company.  If interested please email me at tduell@buckeyeshapeform.com.

Thanks

Tim Duell

Buckeye Shapeform

Posted by: Tim Duell
Post date: 11/19/2008 3:24:22 AM

5 REPLIES

RE: Call for Programmers

[ Edited ]

For the record, I have no problem with these kinds of posts on my site.

Tim, if you don't get any takers, you can contact me and I'll see what I can do.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 11/19/2008 7:54:44 PM

[ Edited ]

How do I contact you.  I would love to send you a small description of our project to see if it would be something you would be interested in.  Maybe you could send me an email and I will reply to it.

Thanks

Tim Duell

Post date: 11/19/2008 11:04:44 PM

[ Edited ]

Tim,

Could you post a project description here? - It would be interesting to know what others are developing and may also help gain interest from anyone thinking about responding, but not having responded to this type of request before...

Thanks,

Chris.

Posted by: chris mann
Post date: 11/20/2008 1:45:17 AM

[ Edited ]

What I am looking for some one to do is the following

Create a web interface for our customers to select product types.  (See are website www.buckeyeshapeform.com)  We currently have a decent navigation and you can select an enclosure type and size.  I then want the customer to have the option to download a 3d cad file, or 2d in different formats.

Then that would send a request to our server in house that would launch solid edge bring up the master model input customers sizes and email them the file in the format they selected. 

We would make the master models.

If that sounds like something you would be interested in we can discuss it further.

Thanks

Tim Duell

Mechanical Designer

Post date: 11/20/2008 1:52:31 AM

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I also emailed you, but as there was general interest on "what others are developing" as well as to fill possible interest, I'll share here what "we're implementing" that relates to this particular case.

We've built stand-alone automation framework for Solid Edge, that eats parametrized assemblies/parts and can perform basically any operations on top of them automatically on background; based on requests of "any" source. Free web client is the most neutral interface, but also are building CAD and Outlook versions for designers and sales people.

The product "SolidConfig" (http://www.solidconfig.com) is about to reach it's next version "V2" soon; we're wrapping up real customer specific requirements for the delivery around the framework.

It is built on top of .NET 3.5 SP1 features including workflows (completely dynamic and outside parametrizable) and Silverlight 2 client. We have prototypes of it as standalone versions that can perform the operations in single workstation and once finishing with the customer case, we'll provide (again) the free Express version fully available, as well as options to higher end versions that provide integration service layer among other things.

For those developers interested in the concept, we have no problem providing the free tools to try out (and use as much as wanted) and customize for any particular need. Basically the custom workflow activities are well expendable and provide clear framework to run any custom code as background automated.

You can toss email to company@protonit.net in case you're interested.

To Jason Newell: I hope this post didn't offend your forum policy either /emoticons/smile.gif Wasn't meant as commercial, but rather introduction to a tool that we're more than willing to spread free to other SE developers.

Br,

Kalle Launiala, Consultant & CEO

ProtonIT Oy

Posted by: Kalle Launiala
Post date: 11/24/2008 5:23:03 AM