Chage view display (tangent , hidden lines display)

Pioneer
Pioneer
i want to change tangent and hidden lines display in drawing view. Below i mentioned my code. But it is not changing the display. How to access that object or what i am doing here wrong objview.Defaults_ShowTangentEdges=True objview.Defaults_ShowHiddenEdges=false Thanks, balaji.L
6 REPLIES

Re: Chage view display (tangent , hidden lines display)

Phenom
Phenom

Hope you are also updating the views after this call.

Just a guess since I have not tried this out yet.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Look at the ModelMember properties. The display of hidden lines is not controlled by the DrawingView. As documented in the help the default_ properties control the display of new added parts.
So you have to loop all ModelMembers, change properties and update the view.
regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thanks JB, it is working fine.. do you have any idea on how to read line width of drawing view. Linewidth is Dimstyle property. So we can assign default value for linewidth. But i want to read all the line width through loop.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi balajil,

Of what lines do you want to change the widht?

There is a line style for the view border ( in view style), for visible, hidden or tangent lines (line style) and some others.

Find the   name in ModelMember property and change the corresponding style in LinearStyles collection of the  DraftDocument.

regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10

Pioneer
Pioneer
i just want to find out the hidden lines in drawing view. So Based on line width we can separate the hidden lines.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Through VB i have added dimensions for drawing views. Here the problem is it is adding dimension for hidden lines also. in ST4 i could not found any method or property for hidden lines. So if i read line width, than i can easily avoid those dimensions. thanks, balaji.L