Change the link through Revision Manager?

Hi All,

I have created template assembly file and drawings using a template that already contains views. I use the template assembly to update and create new file. For updating drawing, it is getting difficult. So i want to use revision manager API to change the link to the newly created file. But i am not getting any help. Anyone have some code snippet for this? And if there any changes in dimension, how to deal with it?

Many thanks in advance

Posted by: Prasad Pawar
Post date: 5/8/2008 8:34:30 PM

2 REPLIES

RE: Change the link through Revision Manager?

Prasad,

This should get you close but I don't have time to test it.  You'll need to look at the Replace() method in the code.

using System;using System.Runtime.InteropServices;namespace RevisionManager{ class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { RevisionManager.Application application = null; RevisionManager.Document document = null; RevisionManager.LinkedDocuments linkedDocuments = null; RevisionManager.Document linkedDocument = null; try { application = new RevisionManager.Application(); document = (RevisionManager.Document) application.Open(@"C:\Asm1.asm", RevisionRuleType.LatestRevision, false); linkedDocuments = (RevisionManager.LinkedDocuments) document.get_LinkedDocuments(RevisionManager.LinkTypeConstants.seLinkTypeAll); for (int i = 1; i

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 5/14/2008 9:48:12 PM

Change the link through Revision Manager?

Hello Jason,

I tried Replace() and SetPath() methods and they worked nicely with assemblies and parts. But when it comes to drafts, the path to linked documents doesnt seem to change. Do you know why is it so or how can i solve it?

Thank you,

salwadora

Posted by: Salwadora
Post date: 1/14/2013 8:42:21 AM