Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

RE: Changing Positions - Engineering an Ecosystem by Mark Burhop

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Mark, As an SE app programmer myself, I think that there are three major issues to be tackled in order to increase dramatically the number of 3rd part developers :

1. Fill in the holes in the SE API . Examples :

- Query a 3D file (Part, SM, Assembly) for any existing PMI Model Views

- Apply any of the existing PMI Model Views

- Create a PMI Model View

- Create a named view

- Apply a named view

there is NO CORRESPONDING API function for any of these interactive commands. And these are only a few, upon

I recently bumped. 

2. After filling out the API, build a VB-writing MACRO RECORDER. Please believe me, this is NOT primarily a tool for 

automating a few clicks - this is a highly effective tool for 3-rd party developers, saving them a lot of development time,

and making the whole 3-rd party development activity much more worthwile !

BTW - SE is the ONLY product in its category which lacks a macro recorder ! NX  has one !

3. Put out (or contract) a rich SE Programming manual, with A LOT of examples. The competition has a lot of such

manuals to offer - hundreds of pages each...

I hope that under your stewardship all this will come along - and SOON, PLEASE ! Oswald Baruch McKit Systems Ltd. Israel

Posted by: Oswald Baruch
Post date: 7/25/2011 6:02:56 AM

Re: Changing Positions - Engineering an Ecosystem by Mark Burhop

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Mark,

Solidworks has a Record feature with its Macros. its very convenient. I think SE customization would be much better if it did the same where you hit record -> build a model -> hit stop -> then a code is automatically generated.

Is this feature going to be added into SE?

Posted by: Jared Ticotin
Post date: 4/19/2012 9:20:46 AM