Checked Out Docs Webpart

[ Edited ]

Trying to get intouch with Calum Mclellan.  I have been using his checked out Docs webpart for almost 4 years.  It is great.  Just replaced my server and am trying to reinstall the webpart.  Did not receive any errors and update the minimal trust config file as previously instructed.  It still does not work and when I try and add it to a page it gives me a error and I have to delete it through web part maintenace page.  Any ideas as to what I have done wrong?

Thanks

Tim Duell

Buckeye Shapeform

Posted by: Tim Duell
Post date: 7/23/2009 8:46:32 AM

5 REPLIES

RE: Checked Out Docs Webpart

[ Edited ]

Hi Tim,

good to here that you've been using the web-part. I'll have to look into the code again and see what could be causing the problem. I'll try and squeeze it in over the weekend.

Cheers

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 7/23/2009 8:15:15 PM

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much.  I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Tim Duell

Post date: 7/27/2009 1:03:00 AM

[ Edited ]

Hi Tim,

sorry - things got really busy at work over the last week or two. I had a look at the code - all errors should be caught so I'm not sure what's going on here. Can you check the date on the dll you have?

Also check the entry in the minimal trust config file. You can't have any whitespace in the PublicKeyBlob entry.

Another thing you could try is to modify web.config file (normally found in the "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot" folder):

Here you will find the following entry:

Change this to:

If this doesn't work then try this in combination with a modification to the medium trust config file (the same mode as described for the minimal trust file)

Let me know how it goes.

Post date: 8/10/2009 10:55:14 PM

[ Edited ]

The minimal trust config file was good. The web config file trust level was set to custom. I changed it to Minimal and revieved a web error. I changed it to medium and all works perfectly.

Thanks so much for the assistance.

Tim Duell

Buckeye Shapeform

Post date: 8/27/2009 8:25:08 AM

[ Edited ]

Hi Tim,

glad to here everything is working again.

Cheers

Calum

Post date: 9/3/2009 1:30:33 AM