Checking if a part is open

[ Edited ]

Hi

I'm trying to find a quick way to check if an active part (or psm, asm...) is also open as a link in an assembly. What I mean is if the user opens an assembly and then opens a part in the assembly, I need to check (quickly) if the assembly (or any other assembly with that part in it - not just in the top-level either) is still open in Solid Edge. This needs to be quick (did I mention that ) so that I can adjust my AddIns UI in OnCommandUpdateUI. This rules out running any nasty loops through all open documents.

I am talking about opening documents, not in place activation (for in place activation I'm using the IsInPlaceActivate property in the SolidEdgeDocument interface.

Any ideas?

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 2/2/2008 9:26:45 AM

2 REPLIES

RE: Checking if a part is open

[ Edited ]

Calum,

I haven't put a ton of thought into this but I do have an idea.  Take a quick peek at Microsoft's Spy++ starting at the Solid Edge main window.  Could you not scan around the open windows looking for "Part1.par in Asm1.asm" or something?

Just a thought

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 2/4/2008 6:24:03 AM

RE: Checking if a part is open

[ Edited ]

Hi Jason,

that would only tell me if the part was in-place activated. I need to know if any parent assemblies (any level, not just the direct parent) are open.

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 2/4/2008 9:23:22 AM