Code Example for "Add Part by file name then apply relationships to position it"

Hello All,

Does any one have a VB.net Example for  "Add Part by file name then apply relationships to position it".

Any help will be really appreciated.

Sergio

3 REPLIES

Re: Code Example for "Add Part by file name then apply relationships to position it"

Off hand, I can think of the CreateCoffeePot example on GitHub. I need to update that example to define the relationships though. If anyone can chip in and help me complete the sample, I would appreciate it.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Re: Code Example for "Add Part by file name then apply relationships to position it"

I think the problem is not really to create the relation. In order to create it, you have to know the faces from both of the parts (source and target)
You have to find the desired Face object in the inserted part and then the target part and the Face object form this part.
regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10

Is there a way of knowing the face number? Am using SE Spy to see if would let me get the system number for a desrired face, but don't see it. Any Help?

Thanks!