Convert Solidedge files to DWF format

[ Edited ]

Can we convert the Solidedge-ST files to DWF format?

If it is possible, then is there any API present which works with Solidedge_ST  version?

Posted by: pratap thorat
Post date: 8/3/2010 4:09:53 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Convert Solidedge files to DWF format

[ Edited ]

I don't believe so, not directly via Solid Edge at least.  I attached a screenshot of the save as dialog.  It looks like we can save a .dft to igs, .pdf, .dgn, .dwg & .dxf.  You may have to save to one of these intermediate formats and then go to .dwf via some 3rd party tools.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 8/12/2010 12:49:50 PM

[ Edited ]

Thanks For Given Information...

As per your reply.You have said that, first save a solidedge file to ".dft to igs, .pdf, .dgn, .dwg & .dxf." format, then convert to DWF using third party tool.

I have looked for the option ".dwg" & ".dxf" to save file. But I can not find these 'Save As 'option in my SolidEdge application?, Image attached.

I am using "SolidEdge Version 100.00.00.133" with License for Module "Solid Edge Classic".

Can yoy please provide me the information that, this issues is related to

1] License of SolidEdge or

2] Some settings in SolidEdge or

3] Do I need to install the AutoCad on my machine.

Posted by: pratap thorat
Post date: 8/13/2010 5:19:43 AM

[ Edited ]

My screenshot was from the Draft environment Save As. Yours is from the Assembly environment. Each Solid Edge environment has different Save As options and each one shows you what Save As operations is possible for the given environment. I'm not sure how you would go about converting a Solid Edge 3D file to DWF but it seems like you should be able to take a Solid Edge 2D file (Draft) to a DXF format and go from there with 3rd party tools.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 8/13/2010 9:18:18 AM