Copy Assembly to new path

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have an assembly I built as a template that I want to use and adapt in various designs.  To do this, I need to copy the assembly and all the parts to the design.  As I understand things, Solid Edge stores the absolute file path to the part, so I need to change these paths to point to where the new part is.  I understand there is a Revision Manager API to get there.

I don't want to open a Revision Manager application as this is supposed to be transparent to the operator who just wants a new assembly inserted.  I also don't see any instructions on assembly revision.

Help?

6 REPLIES

Re: Copy Assembly to new path

Phenom
Phenom

Using the RM API will not open an instance as it will work in silent mode by default.

Then you can use the LinkedDocuments to gather all and copy as I did in the PacEdge program.

~Tushar

www.SurfAndCode.in

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Tushar is correct. The Revision Manager application will execute as a COM server and will not be visible unless you set Application.Visible = True.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

i tried same revision manager option in my project, see the picture.

just giving new path & new part numbers as input.

Result: 

all part files placed in new path with new name.(my project .psm files need in new numbers, other .par files with project name_)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Where do i find the revision mananger api?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Alan,

If you're generating your own interop assemblies, then you'll need to reference RevMgr.tlb.If you're able to use NuGet packages, my Interop.SolidEdge NuGet package already contains the definitions.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net