Couldn't register SEFacet.dll!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,
I've installed st9 and have used SE st8 previously. I need the sefacet.dll for getting tesselation details and have used the same in st8 after registering it. Now that I ve upgraded to st9, I followed the same procedure to register the sefacet.dll. But now I am getting a class not registered error when I create instance and couldn't use the dll for detail extraction. Any ideas? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: Couldn't register SEFacet.dll!

Genius
Genius

I've beat my head against wall trying to register these reader dlls and make them work as well.  One that took me way off track was mismatched CLSIDs, turns out the 32 bit 64 bit versions have different CLSIDs, another duh moment.  Look up on 32bit vs 64bit versions of regsvr32.exe   I did a quick search and there's a bunch there about C:\Windows\SysWOW46 vs ~\System32.  I'm not real sharp on this stuff and have to blunder though it every time, so offering more than a suggestion of a place to look would be a disservice.  I can say that having a 64 bit version named “regsvr32” is nothing less than what I expect from MS; they get it so right sometimes and then so wrong other times.

When it comes to programming with SE anytime something worked before ST9 and won't work after,  I look at 64 bit thing.

Those who know me question the assigned user rank.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi
Yeah tried that.
After searching about this error, I stumbled upon this 64 and 32 bit confusion.
Here's what I exactly did to register the dll.
First I have simply registered using regsvr32 which happens to be from
system32 folder.
After realising that it is a 64 bit dll and that I am required to use
regsvr32 from syswow64, I unregistered what I had registered
previously and registered with 64 bit version of regsvr32. Still the
error remains the same.

Thanks

Genius
Genius
oh, I'm sorry. Are you programming in C++ or C#?

Experimenter
Experimenter
In Cpp only

Genius
Genius

Other thing I thought of is to mannually check the CLSIDs.  I did a search in the Registry Editor for the CLSIDs that are being passed to the CoCreateInstance method which is returning the Class not registered HRESULT. 

they show up in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\

I'm not smart enough to be of any help.

hr	REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG Class not registered	HRESULT

image.png

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

To register the SEFacet.dll you should open a command prompt with administrator privileges and then type:

regsvr32 SEFacet.dll

HTH,

Martin