Create DFT file from ASM file

Hi there. I works with C# but I'm a very novice to SolidEdge system.

I'm interested is there any way to create a .DFT file from .ASM file using API functions?

Thanks

Posted by: Dennis Migachev
Post date: 1/12/2008 3:29:35 AM

4 REPLIES

RE: Create DFT file from ASM file

I do not use C#. Right now I am using vb6.

So far I have only created drawings using a template that already contains views and then I use revision manager api to change the link to the new file.

From looking at the api, if you want to add views to a new draft file you would probably:

- Add a filename to the modellinks collection

Set oModelLinkObj = DftDoc.Modellinks.Add(filename)

-Then add a view to DrawingViews collection using that model link and the named view.

DftSheet.DrawingViews.Add(oModelLinkObj , igFrontView,, dScale, x, y)

I hope that gets you on the right track.

Posted by: Carl Breving
Post date: 1/15/2008 5:47:59 AM

Hello Carl,

I am also trying to automate the drawings for various no. of .asm files. I am able to add views to a new draft view but when it comes to dimensioning,it becomes very critical to place dimensions on it. What i want to do is, i want to create a template file and just change the links to dft file. if you have have any code snippet for this can you help me out?

i am using SE v20, vb6, vb.net.

Many thanks in advance.

Posted by: Prasad Pawar
Post date: 1/20/2008 5:12:24 PM

There are many differences for every drawing. Some drawings may need section views but some are not. For simple revolved jobs, a single section view is enough.

hence logic building would be critical in this task.

If you have same kind of drawings (or repeated drawings), then it would be possible.

I am intrested for the solution from others.

Posted by: jaya priyan
Post date: 1/20/2008 8:28:29 PM

Hi Jaya,

Actually the procedure is like this:

1) Open an assembly file(master file), replace the parts, save it.

2) Drawing: place right view and section view of it. (This format of drawing won't change)

3) Open another assembly file, replace the parts, save it. Again create drawing.

So can we create a template drawing and change the linked assembly file so that we get views for new asm file?

Posted by: Prasad Pawar
Post date: 1/20/2008 10:56:09 PM