Creating relations between suboccurrences

Hi all,Now i need help.I have created relations between faces in parts without problems when they are at first level inside an asm.Now i have to create a planar relationship between two parts at different levels. See the "tree":ASM1.asm   |   PAR1.par   SUBASM1.asm       |         SUBASM2.asm            |            SUBPART1.par

I need to create a planar relationship between one face of PAR1.par and one face in SUBPART1.par.Until now i used this:With parts at same level i can create 2 references, one for each face in each Occurrence(with oASM.CreateReference(Occurrence, face)

Then i create the assembly relationship between the two Reference objects and it works fine.

Now one of the faces is inside a subOccurrence inside another subOccurrence. I have been trying different things (getReferenceKey followed by CreateTopologicalReference seems to me the good option) but i only get errors.

I can't get a reference key which seemed to be the method when we are inside a subOccurrence.

I also have been trying to create a reference (from SUBASM1) of a reference (SUBASM2) of a reference (SUBPART1) with no luck (What a mess, eh?)

If anybody has an idea it will be welcome.

Posted by: Julian Guillo
Post date: 6/9/2009 6:07:36 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Creating relations between suboccurrences

Ok people,

I solved it.

Thanks anyway!

Post date: 6/10/2009 6:53:26 AM

I'm having the same trouble....how did you get it to work?

Posted by: Audrey Alwine
Post date: 11/19/2010 3:10:00 AM

I had to redo the example. I didn't find the original.

Find attached an example in Visual Basic 2005.

It is commented inside.

Regards,

Julian

Post date: 11/22/2010 12:46:43 PM