Hello all. Please help. I've has a custom built program that has stopped working some time ago. Not sure how long maybe a year since it was last working properly. I'm running ST8 latest maintanence pack.
I'm reading a custom property from the properties of a .dft file. see line of code below
RsManual.Fields("PartName") = objpropertysets.Item("Custom").Item("Part Name").value
It appears that the Custom Property "Part Name" dose not exist, I asure you it does. Ive deleted and re entered and nope not working.
Has there been a change in how the property set code is written.
I have these at the top.
Public DB As Database
Public RsManual As Recordset
Private RS_CompiledData As Recordset
Dim ojbPdf As AcroApp
Dim objpropertysets As SolidEdgeFileProperties.PropertySets
Dim objProperties As SolidEdgeFileProperties.Properties
Dim objProperty As SolidEdgeFileProperties.Property
Dim objDoc As RevisionManager.Document
Thanks in advance team. really appreciate some help.
Try using Try using SolidEdgeFramework.PropertySets instead of SolidEdgeFileProperties.PropertySets so your declarations will become:
Dim objPropertySets As SolidEdgeFramework.PropertySets Dim objProperties As SolidEdgeFramework.Properties
i've tested in SE (so not using revision manager) and this works flawlessly:
Shared Function ReturnPartName() Dim objApplication As SolidEdgeFramework.Application = Nothing Dim objDoc As SolidEdgeFramework.SolidEdgeDocument = Nothing Dim objPropertySets As SolidEdgeFramework.PropertySets = Nothing Dim objProperties As SolidEdgeFramework.Properties = Nothing Try objApplication = Marshal.GetActiveObject("SolidEdge.Application") objDoc = objApplication.ActiveDocument objPropertySets = objDoc.Properties MsgBox(objPropertySets.Item("Custom").Item("Part Name").Value) Catch ex As Exception Finally objApplication = Nothing End Try End Function
Thanks for your reply MaartenEI. Unfortunately I could not get this to run. I might add that I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to coding. I get by most of the time.
I did fail to mention that this is running inside a Microsoft Access document. I have a Custom property called "Part Name" (and many more) that I need to extract. This use to work. just not now.
I would like to run through revision manager as much faster, the files that I deal with are all linked up and can be up to 200 or more in the tree.