Custom menu

I'll go ahead and throw this one out here since Jason was so helpful with my last question.

Is anyone familiar with a way to add a custom menu to the "main" toolbar. SE's definition of the main toolbar seems to be the one with the "new", "open", "save", shortcut buttons. What I'd like to customize is the uppermost bar, the one with "File", "Edit", "View", etc text menus.

Any thoughts?

Posted by: Adam Brenneis
Post date: 1/25/2007 9:06:32 AM

2 REPLIES

RE: Custom menu

Adam,

R.D. Holland from UGS wrote an addin manual many years ago but it can still be found in your installation folder of Solid Edge. Something like:

C:\Program Files\Solid Edge VXX\SDK\Samples\Addins\Doc\addin.doc

I have a product called "Solid Edge Add-in Wizard" available on my website but it's only for VS.NET 2005. I created a new solution using the wizard and attached the source to this post. You won't be able to open it with VS.NET 2003 but you can for sure use it for reference material. It covers many addin related topics. Just read through the source as there are many comments.

Regarding top-level menus, you can read about it in the addin.doc. I also have an example of how to implement it in the example I gave you. Search through the files for SE_ADDIN_TOP_LEVEL_MENU.

Also note that the example I gave you is pure ATL with no MFC dependancies. I have plans on making an MFC wizard, just haven't got to it yet. You should also be aware that if you plan on making an MFC addin there be additional coding required. Not much but mainly AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); calls.

That should about cover it for now. Let me know if you need anything else.

p.s. If you need, I can whip together a small MFC example.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 1/25/2007 10:28:07 AM

RE: Custom menu

I looked through your code with a text editor and couldn't find any code that I thought could possibly do what I wanted. So I broke down and installed 2K5 and built it to see for myself. So all it takes is a newline at the beginning of the addin's description!

Such a small change to accomplish exactly what I wanted. Thanks again Jason!

Posted by: Adam Brenneis
Post date: 1/29/2007 1:31:08 AM