Cut and Paste from new SE ST help files

[ Edited ]

When I do it puts everything on one line.  Is there a way to do it and keep the formatting?  I tried "copy with formatting" but it made no difference.

Posted by: Bob Reinkemeyer
Post date: 9/17/2008 2:38:58 AM

5 REPLIES

RE: Cut and Paste from new SE ST help files

[ Edited ]

Bob,

I'm sorry but I'm a bit unclear on what you're trying to accomplish. Could you elaborate on the steps a bit more?

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 9/17/2008 7:23:08 AM

[ Edited ]

If I cut and paste code samples from the PDF of the help files, it puts multiple lines from the PDF into a single, VERY long line in .net. I then have to put in the carriage returns manually to get them back to multiple lines.   I think its more of an adobe issue than any thing else.

Post date: 9/17/2008 8:47:31 AM

[ Edited ]

Bob,

I see the problem now. I will see what I can do to fix the issue if and when I get another contract to work on the SDK Help.

I also encourage you to send SDK feedback to seedumedia@ugs.com. This email address is linked to every SDK Help page at the bottom labled "Solid Edge ST SDK Feedback". If we want to see improvements in the SDK Help, we have to communicate it to them. This input will help justify future projects for me (or someone) to work on it.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 9/17/2008 10:33:17 AM

[ Edited ]

By the way, great work on the SDK! I've already learned a great deal from it. This is what we've been waiting for.

Post date: 9/18/2008 1:59:27 AM

[ Edited ]

I see the same problem with some of the MSDN samples. I tried to paste the code into my source and then use the visual studio "edit/advanced/format document" command on the VB sample I used but the command had no effect.

The carriage return (line feed?) was stripped out. I also found that VB has an "_" based line continuation that failed to come in too so I had to fix that too.

What a pain!

Posted by: R.D. Holland
Post date: 9/18/2008 9:50:24 AM