I want to learn how to make Addin With C++ for solidedge, and while looking in the internet for examples i bumped with the perfect one for me named SolidEdge St AddIns -Part1. I created the project following the tutorial, i was able to compile it and saw him in the addin manager of solidedge. So far so good... Not quite, because i'm banging with my head in the wall to figure out why i'm not able to make the program stop at breakpoints that i define(the one suggested on the tutorial). I downloaded the project provided and it has the same behaviour.
When i start debug i get the following message "Debugging information for Edge.exe cannot be found.No symbols loaded. Do you want to continue debugging?" i click yes and go to solidedge, access the Addin manager and the Addin is present but the program never hits the breakpoints that i set. The message that i get when i put the mouse over the breackpoint symbol is "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document".
I have xp x64 fully updated, SolidEdgeV20 64bit fully updated, VS2005 Pro.
Any help or direction would be very appreciated.
Posted by: Luis Azevedo Post date: 5/20/2011 3:00:24 PM
From Solid Edge, open AddIn-Manager and look at the AddIn Properties. That will give you a windows dialog that contains the full path to the .dll that Solid Edge has loaded. I suspect that path will be different than what you are attempting to debug. Close Solid Edge, open a command window, run REGSVR32 /U [PATH TO ADDIN DLL] to unregister the .dll. Now open Solid Edge again. The addin should now not be listed in AddIn-Manager. In Visual Studio, perform the 'Clean Solution' command then 'Rebuild Solution' command. The rebuild should automatically perform the REGSVR32 for you on the correct .dll. Open Solid Edge to see if your addin is listed.
Posted by: Jason Newell Post date: 5/25/2011 1:51:30 PM
Following your clue i went to see the properties of the addin, click the button and nothing happen... no pop-up window with dll properties... i unresgistered my addin, cleaned the solution and builded the solution and same result...
I prepared a new machine with 32bits software and the addin was correctly shown and the breakpoints were hited when debugging.
Back to the x64 machine, i went to regedit and check the keys written in inprocserver32 and they were missing. I added manually the keys and went to solidedge and checked the properties for the addin and they were correctly shown. I look in the internet for this behavior and found that you have to change the solution platform to x64, set the project properties Debug Information Format to "/Zi" and Enable Minimum Rebuild to "no" and that's it.
As you can see, regarding solidedge programming, i'm in a early, very early stage...
Thank you very much for your help.
Posted by: Luis Azevedo Post date: 5/27/2011 11:09:54 AM