Default File Path

Hi,

Can some one tell me for what the DefaultFilePath Property in Application Interface is. I have tryed to set it with my .Net macro, bat it is steal the same. I would like to use it as som art of standard file path for my project (project path), but if i set it by my macro on next start or file open it points always to the same point. Any ideas why ?

Thanks and best regards.

IBZ

Posted by: Mariusz Zamojski
Post date: 4/7/2010 6:16:02 AM

5 REPLIES

RE: Default File Path

Hi IBZ,

Application.DefaultFilePath

'Sets and returns the default path used when files are opened'

It points to the Solid Edge Program Folder. This is the folder where Egde.exe (and licence.dat etc.) is located. I believe you want to use it for the wrong purpose.

Just a guess, but maybe you can use it if you got two versions of SE installed. You can set the right program folder for the Edge.exe you want to start.

You can open a specific file using; Application.Documents.Open(C:/Temp/Test.par).

Maybe this gets you further.

Wouter (Erwo)

Posted by: Wouter Sloof
Post date: 4/7/2010 7:53:17 PM

Hi,

thanks for replay but i must disagree with you Smiley Happy. I have tested it a little bit and it points always to directory that i use for file open or save. I can allways read and set that Property, but if I do set it, it does't presist. File open dialog overrides it. To bad, it would be so nice to have such an easy way to control initial directory for file open and save dialogs Smiley Sad. Is the only way to do this to catch the FileUIEvents ?

Best Regards

IBZ

Post date: 4/7/2010 10:52:05 PM

IBZ,

Another possibility is to set the value in this key in the registry?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 102\OpenAndSaveDisplaySettings

LastPath = C:\wherever\working

Chris.

Posted by: chris mann
Post date: 4/8/2010 4:21:38 AM

Hi,

Now I understand what you wanted to achieve. Looks like I was pretty wrong indeed , when I tested the variable it pointed to the program folder, unfortunately my guess turned out to be wrong, my apologies. But the good point is that Chris seems to have the answer for your problem, and that I have learned something today .

Good luck,

Wouter

Posted by: Wouter Sloof
Post date: 4/8/2010 5:42:41 AM

thank,

I will try and let you know Smiley Happy

IBZ

Post date: 4/8/2010 6:32:06 AM