Dependent window of the main window of Solid Edge

Hello!

How can I make it a window of my Addin is like a window within the Solid Edge, or it appears as daughter of the main window of the Solid Edge but is not a modal window?

I even managed to do with it is not using the modal function Show () but the problem is that once it is independent of Solid Edge ..... how do you resolve it? I have to get the Solid Edge window as a parent? If that is how I do?

Thank you.

Posted by: Fabio Rosa
Post date: 2/23/2009 8:51:51 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Dependent window of the main window of Solid Edge

Show() and ShowDialog() take HWND as parameters. Simply use the Application.hWnd.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 2/25/2009 8:46:04 PM

Ok!

I'm using the hWnd of the application. For the ShowDialog () fine, but the method Show () the window is detached from the main window Solid Edge. Not if you understand me well, which I was able to create a window with the same behavior of the window "variables" that already exists in Solid Edge, if you notice it is not modal, it allows to work with the design when is open, but otherwise it does not behave like a window of an application separately, as occurs with the Show method on my window .... What I mean by that is referenced using the show as you described for do, the window seems to open a separate application in Windows, it has icon in the start menu and it only allows the viewing, and the window "variables" of Solid Edge, can only be seen within the Solid Edge ..... understand?

Posted by: Fabio Rosa
Post date: 2/25/2009 11:41:27 PM

k!

I'm using the hWnd of the application. For the ShowDialog () fine, but the method Show () the window is detached from the main window Solid Edge. Not if you understand me well, which I was able to create a window with the same behavior of the window "variables" that already exists in Solid Edge, if you notice it is not modal, it allows to work with the design when is open, but otherwise it does not behave like a window of an application separately, as occurs with the Show method on my window .... What I mean by that is referenced using the show as you described for do, the window seems to open a separate application in Windows, it has icon in the start menu and it only allows the viewing, and the window "variables" of Solid Edge, can only be seen within the Solid Edge ..... understand?

Posted by: sim toyo
Post date: 5/19/2010 11:36:23 PM