Deploying Add-ins based on SolidEdge.Community.AddIn

I am using the SolidEdge.Community.AddIn to create a C# addin.

Using the Register-SolidEdgeAddIn with the package manager works great but when I try to deploy using 

regasm /codebase on another machine it does not succeed.

RegAsm : error RA0000 : Could not load file or assembly 'SolidEdge.Community.Add
In, Version=108.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its depen
dencies. A strongly-named assembly is required. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131
044)

My assembly is strong named but the community dlls are not.

Any tips on deployment?

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com
3 REPLIES

Re: Deploying Add-ins based on SolidEdge.Community.AddIn

When I had a similar problem recently, I checked the admin rights though not sure if that was the only cause.

Is there a particular reason or benefit that you are trying to attain by signing your assemblies? I've seen pro\con arguments over the years regarding open source assembly signing. There just hasn't been a need to this point to sign them. I'll update my knowledge on the topic and see what our options are.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Actually I don't want to sign anything.

It start with the error I recieved when I attempted to register my addin outside of my development environment. Registration was failing and it stated that the SolidEdge.Community.AddIn needed a strong name.

I believe the problem has gone away after I removed and added the nuget packages.

It may be permissions related but I was registering under the administrator account.

I think I am all set now. Think I just spun out for a moment.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com