Does anybody have a SE add-in skeleton in VB.net 2005?

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I want to make some tests for a new SE addin but my last efforts were done in VB6.

As i'm not very skilled doing SE addins and i'm brand new in Vb.net  i was wondering if someone has an "addin skeleton" in VB.net 2005 in which i can put my code in.

I wouldn't like to waste too much time in this...

Thanks in advance,

Julian

Posted by: Julian Guillo
Post date: 7/8/2009 4:54:46 AM

24 REPLIES

RE: Does anybody have a SE add-in skeleton in VB.net 2005?

[ Edited ]

Hi Julian,

look at

http://www.jasonnewell.net/Downloads/tabid/63/forumid/15/postid/2044/view/topic/Default.aspx

Regards

Massimo

Posted by: Massimo Magris
Post date: 7/9/2009 5:21:32 AM

[ Edited ]

Massimo,

I knew about that, but i don't work with VC2005.

It's an interesting starting point but i wouldn't like to spend too much time investigating by myself.

If someone has got something already done in VB2005 and is willing to share it i will thank a lot.

Thanks anyway, man

Julian

Post date: 7/9/2009 5:36:55 AM

[ Edited ]

Maybe all those that are really keen to get a VB.NET addin template made for SE could club together to pursuade someone to make one?

I'd certainly contribute.

Any takers?

Posted by: Dave Rothan
Post date: 7/9/2009 7:02:21 AM

[ Edited ]

I can help. But somebody need to guide me.

Thanks,

Madhav

Posted by: madhav dhamale
Post date: 7/11/2009 1:23:10 AM

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

it is not a good idea to use a sample/template Solid Edge add-in project/solution. Each (Solid Edge) add-in must have its own unique CLSID and must be registered in the registry to get recognized by Solid Edge etc.

Attached you find a document describing how to create an Solid Edge add-in via the Visual Studio 2005/2008 template wizard for a shared Microsoft Office add-in and shows also the code changes necessary to work with Solid Edge. Unfortunately the document is available in german only, but nevertheless may be a starting point for some of you.

Best regards,

Wolfgang

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 7/11/2009 12:01:12 PM

[ Edited ]

If anyone is interested in an english version of Wofgang's document, please post a reply.If it's OK with Wolfgang (there's a copyright in the document...) then I should have time to do a translation this week and I have an english copy of Visual Studio 2008 for the screenshots.

Cheers

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 7/11/2009 12:45:34 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi Calum,

thanks for your offer to translate the document for the community. I could do also, but i do not have the english program version of Visual Studio to provide the screendumps in english also.

Since i created the document in 2007 there are the GUIDs missing for the additional synchronous environments of Solid Edge ST.

Also missing in my document is the hint to remove in the registry editor of the setup project the registry tree that was inserted by the wizard for registering the add-in with Microsoft Word. After removing this Word add-in registry tree the registry tree for registration with Solid Edge should/could be inserted instead.

Best regards,

Wolfgang

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 7/11/2009 10:47:03 PM

[ Edited ]

Calum,

I would be grateful if you can give us that document translated into English.

Anything that can save my time is now precious for me.

As i can see, as Wolfgang says, it's not a good idea to create a "fixed" examples and it's better to follow some instructions and create our own addin by ourselves.

The document that Wolfgang describes seems to be just what i'm looking for.

Thanks in advance,

Julian

Post date: 7/12/2009 10:24:52 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'll start work on the document asap - should have it done in the next couple of days.

Cheers

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 7/12/2009 11:10:28 PM