Draft File updating from excel (api)

Hi Jason,

Been looking through your sight for some time now trying to get some insight into the basics of API programming on solid edge - It has to be said your sight is possible the best in this niche field on the internet!! (I have really been looking! well done!) .

I work for a company that manufactures conveyors and we are trying to cut down work load in the drawing office by creating some standardized product templates. The intention is to use excel to input values and print the final draft files.

We have had some success but are having difficulty with updating draft files from altered assemblies- I imagine this is very simple but there is zero documentation on the net ( or I am doff ).

We can pass the variables, use function open the assembly, update the assembly, but the draft will not co-operate.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Jonathan

Posted by: jonathan davies
Post date: 4/22/2008 12:03:01 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Draft File updating from excel (api)

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the compliment.

Could you please post some example code of where you're having trouble?  Possibly with example files.  You can .zip it all up and attach it to a reply.  Using the Draft API from excel should not give you any more trouble than it would in other languages.  That's generally speaking of course.

Thanks

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 4/24/2008 3:46:50 PM

Jason,

Please see the attached excel , part and draft file - there is further detail in the excel document on what we are struggling with.

I am 99% certain we are missing something very silly !

Thanks alot

Jonathan

Posted by: jonathan davies
Post date: 4/24/2008 8:32:52 PM

Try this code, which will always assume that drawing views are on "Sheet 1" as in your example:

For i = 1 To objApp.ActiveDocument.Sheets("Sheet1").DrawingViews.Count

objApp.ActiveDocument.Sheets("Sheet1").DrawingViews(i).UpDate

Next

Posted by: Bill Ledbetter
Post date: 4/25/2008 1:39:13 AM