Draft metadata

Hi all.

I'm creating an addin for solid edge.

I managed to integrate my program with solid edge interface (new buttons in ribbon) mostly thanks to information’s I found on this forum.

So on first place I would like to thank you.

Unfortunately I still have some problems with retrieving important for me metadata form draft documents.

I know how to read document properties, but not all required by me information's are there.

Some of metadata are visible on draft (see attachment) like Plot or Teil-Nr.

I'm able to get Teil-Nr from model-links cause its part of master assembly name, but I'm not able to get in any way plot date...

I know that this whole frame with metadata is inherited from stencil, but this didn't help me much.

And I also have a second question.

Is there any other solution to finding all drafts created from selected assembly than checking each draft model link?

I hope that there is solution for my problems.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted by: Robert Ozga
Post date: 5/24/2011 1:29:03 AM

1 REPLY

RE: Draft metadata

Turn on Background Sheets in the drawing and look at the properties of the Plot callout. That will give you a clue to where the data is coming from. Typically it is a file property that you can get to.

Regarding finding drafts of an assembly, I believe this is where PDM comes in real handy because of the database links. Revision Manager may offer a where-used in this case but I have not tried it.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 5/25/2011 1:45:23 PM