Draft to PDF

[ Edited ]

I would like to store with C # about FreePDF, Draft documents to PDF documents. Till present, unfortunately, I can print only PDF documents. Does somebody have example code or thus for me? Thank you beforehand This is my code:

Process proc = new Process ();

proc.StartInfo.CreateNoWindow = false;

proc.StartInfo.Verb = "print";

proc.StartInfo.FileName = draftFile;

proc.Start();

proc.WaitForExit(10000);

proc.CloseMainWindow();

proc.Close();

Posted by: Arthur Parusel
Post date: 1/15/2008 12:14:36 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Draft to PDF

[ Edited ]

Arthuro,

I'm just replying to let you know that I've read your post. Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you. I would imagine that you'd need some 3rd party library for creating .pdf's. If you had a good PDF library at your disposal, you could probably use the Draft Viewer ActiveX control to read the draft, extract out EMF's of each sheet and write them to the PDF.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 1/15/2008 3:23:44 PM

[ Edited ]

Arthuro,

We have previously used PDFCreator (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/) to create PDF files from drawings in SolidEdge. - I have some example code in C++ that I could provide to show how it was done. Although not C#, it could serve as an example of the relevant registry settings being used to define the output. (Probably that info is available on the PDFCreator web site as well, though).

However, having said that in SolidEdge v19 I think you can simply save-as on the drawing and specify a .pdf file to be saved as. This is the method we currently use!

Thanks,

Chris.

Posted by: chris mann
Post date: 1/15/2008 9:54:08 PM

[ Edited ]

FYI,

here's a really good open source (C#) PDF library: http://itextsharp.sourceforge.net/

Cheers 

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 1/16/2008 6:33:50 AM