Drafting Environment

Creator
Creator

When in Draft Environment and dimensioning a sheet metal part, why does it seem like the default edge selection is to the hidden line on the sheet metal thickness?

I mean every time you place a dimension, you have to zoom in tight to confirm that the correct edge is selected. I only question this because drafting standards dictate to never dimension to a hidden line.

This has been an issue from the very first time I ever used SolidEdge.

3 REPLIES

Hi Jake,   Perhaps you could change your initial view pla...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jake,

Perhaps you could change your initial view placement to not display hidden detail, so the edges aren't selectable, then show them after dimensions are placed.

Not all drawings have to strictly adhere to standards...clients can demand a dimension wherever, and it happens. Robot Happy

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

is it possible write in column "A" ( in excel file), all...

Experimenter
Experimenter

is it possible write in column "A" ( in excel file), all part list of an assembly indicated in "B2" cell?

i use VBa in Excel 2007

Thanks

Aleko1

Jake,   With a little practice it is not hard to connect...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Jake,

With a little practice it is not hard to connect to the correct line when dimensioning. In my experience Solid Edge does not bias toward hidden lines.

In the video I have shown what I mean here with a sheet metal draft. Where there is doubt you can always use "quick pick" to sort out which line you want to dimension to. Note that the hidden line will show up as dashed in the preview.

One other method also shown in the video is to turn off the hidden lines while dimensioning. Then turn them back on for final presentation.

Hope that this helps.

Cheers

Mark

(view in My Videos)