Drawing scaling

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi

i am having trouble scaling the drawing. I go to Sheet scale and change scale say 10:1 i then sketch a line and it comes out say 50mm long.I then change scale to say 20:1 and repeat.

The line still comes out the same length. ie the scaling is not being recognized. I am in ISO draft

,working drawing. any help?

3 REPLIES

Re: Drawing scaling

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I'm not shure if you are in the right forum, but i'll try to answer.

The sheet has no scale property, there is only a default scale in the SheetSetup object:

SheetSetup

All you draw on the sheet directly is 1:1

All the "magic" takes place in the DrawingViews. Here the geometry from a 3D or 2D model (1:1) is transformed by the scale of DrawingView object to the sheet.

So a line in a 2D model that is 50mm long will be displayed  on the sheet smaller, if the scale is 1:5. But when you place a dimension on the sheet to that line inside the DrawinView will show 50mm.

regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your help. Maybe i have got this all wrong. I dont want to make a model.

all i want to do is place a part say 1000mm long x 80mm wide on the sheet.

obviously 1000mm will not fit on the sheet so i assumed i could scale it like i would do in any manual drawing.

Maybe solid edge is not for me

Thanks for help

Dave.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Dave,

I think this is a question for the Solid Edge Forum.

If you dont want to create a 3D model then draw your lines on the 3D Model sheet (this is allways 1:1)

Then change to the previous sheet (showing the paper borders) and use the command sketch / 2D-Model (in group Drawing views)

This creates a view to your geometry on the 2D Model on the Sheet that allows you to change scaling.

Regards Jürgen

regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10