DrawingViewType

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I've been trying to find out if a DrawingView has a break in it. the DrawingViewType property has a constant value (9) for igBrokenView but I get 1 (igPrimaryView) returned even if the view has a break in it. I also get igPrimaryView returned for views that I think should return igUserView and igAuxiliaryView (igXSectionView and igIsometricView work.)

Any Ideas?

Cheers

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 7/13/2005 2:09:04 AM

8 REPLIES

RE: DrawingViewType

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Calum,

Can you reply to this post and attach a .zip file containing the draft file your working with. Maybe even attach the VS.NET project if it's not too big and if you don't mind me look at it. I mainly just want to see the bit of code that you're currently using.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 7/13/2005 10:11:17 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Jason,

Sorry this example a bit of a mess - I have temporarily lost my developing machine. I started this on my second OS and directly referenced the interops in the SE program folder (on the other OS - second OS is a server and doesn't - yet - have SE installed) and then used the command line compiler to debug on the first OS (that doesn't have Visual Studio installed)

anyway, after that little rant, it doesn't really matter cause the code's the same.

I tried using a bitwise(?) And to compare the values as well but didn't have any luck...

Thanks for the help.

Post date: 7/13/2005 8:08:08 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Calum,

Thanks for the files. That will save me some time. I'm in Philadelphia this week on a business trip but I brought a laptop with VS.NET on it so I will try to take a look at this for you tonight. I'll let you know what I find.

Post date: 7/20/2005 5:35:06 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Calum,

I have looked at your code and I now know what broken views are. I digged pretty deep tonight into the API and I cannot find anywhere it tells you about broken views. I will keep looking at it but you may end up having to ask for UGS help on this one. Who knows, maybe I'll find it. I'll look some more tomrrow night.

Post date: 7/20/2005 5:07:28 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Jason

Thanks for the effort. I opened an IR yesterday because I decided that the API wasn't working properly - it got converted to a PR (412431) so it looks like I might have been rightSmiley Wink

I'll let you know if they ever do anything about it...

Cheers

Calum

Post date: 7/20/2005 7:10:17 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

IR 1412431 Need API to expose the IsBroken property

Added DrawingView.IsBroken API to indicate if a view is in the broken state. Change made to release 16.00.09.01, 17.00.04.01, and 18.00.00.41

SR9 for SEV16 will be published at 08/15/2005

Jürgen

Posted by: Sachin Chougule
Post date: 8/1/2005 10:11:09 PM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll be testing it later this month...

Cheers

Calum

Post date: 8/2/2005 12:02:33 AM

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Calum (or anyone who reads this),

A couple of year later since you created this post, but I have a question. A DrawingView has got the IsBroken property, and with it you can tell if the view is in the broken state. I'm working with ST.

However, the property only has a get and I also want to set the property.

My problem;

I update drawing views with a little program which work fine. But when the drawingview is broken, the view is'nt updated correctly. What I want is to 'unbreak' the view, then update it, and then Break it again. I can't find any API to do that.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Wouter (Erwo)

Posted by: Wouter Sloof
Post date: 10/26/2009 12:43:02 AM