Error with SE-asp.net

Dear All,

I'm trying to run Solid Edge V20 from a web page developed in ASP.NET and have been

running into serious trouble trying to figure out what needs to be done to overcome

the following error:

"The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. (Exception from HRESULT:

0x80010108 (RPC_E_DISCONNECTED))"

I have Solid Edge installed on the server and applications from client's system

access it. Each application creates a new instance of SE for updating the stuff.

When i run the application from more than one system, it creates the problem and

throws the HRESULT error.

We have observed that the second application tries to connect to first instance

and fails while the first one runs throughout the process without any error and

gives required output.

So what we can do to remove this kind of problem>

Any idea on the above?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Prasad Pawar
Post date: 9/22/2008 8:46:42 PM

2 REPLIES

RE: Error with SE-asp.net

First the disclaimer: You do know that Solid Edge is not supported in a server environment?

Secondly, we're going to need more details about your setup and code. Are you saying that you have a single ASP.NET application? I ask because you say "applications" implying plural (more than one) application.

What task is the ASP.NET application performing? How and why is it automating Solid Edge.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 9/23/2008 4:42:15 AM

RE: Error with SE-asp.net

Jason,

Let me explain you the overall scenario:

> We have a standard product range in which basic geometry is same and we just use variables to update the parts, assembly and drawing for different size.

> For this we automate SE to use our designers effectively for R&D work.

> Lets say e.g. we have 10 designers with us combined from various offices. Designer (let say client) will just access the internet/intranet and this particular application(site), will input all the parameter that are needed to change the product size.

> We have a server on which SE is installed, when designer click on the "Design" button from the site SE gets started on the server and performs the specific operation.

> It is working absolutely fantastic when one user performs this. But when there are more than one user who access it, it fails regardless the first user who accesses it completes the task but other get failed.

There is a single web application but when more than one user use it, it runs into more trouble.

Posted by: Prasad Pawar
Post date: 9/23/2008 6:32:18 PM