Excel or Access to SE

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I'm completely new to programming VB, so forgive me for this request.

Is it possible to have a spreadsheet or a database of drawing numbers and properties that populates a part or sheetmetal properties from a command button.

At the moment we have an excel spreadsheet that creates drawing numbers and part names (typed manually and then concatenated etc) this forms the basis of a Bom.

We then go and do our thing in SE (V17 Classic). When everything is ready for release we open the property manager and fill in the details by copying and pasting the relevant details. This is then copied back with all the other details to finalise the BOM

Basically we would like to open a new part (prt or psm) populate the file properties with summary and project info from the drawing number spreadsheet as we create each part. If this is possible could we take one step further and populate the material and material thickness properties etc

Any pointers and help is greatly apprieciated

Cheers

Posted by: Mark O'Hara
Post date: 6/5/2008 3:43:59 PM

1 REPLY

RE: Excel or Access to SE

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I now have a wealth of information after downloading VB2005 express, buying a dummies book and the Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition Starter Kit. I also got SolidEdge Developers Conferences material from this site Smiley Happy gee some good stuff on the forum also.

Looks like a good few weeks getting up to speed but I'm confident of success now.

I'd still like some feedback on this type of application if anyone has attempted it before.

Thanks

Posted by: Mark O'Hara
Post date: 6/6/2008 3:48:45 PM