Extract Document preview without opening SolidEdge

Hello,

in our company we have a small exe which extracts from every SE document a preview picture (200 X 200) without opening Edge.

I would like to rewrite this small tool for a project of mine (don't want to call the exe). Anyway, I've looked into the assembly SEPreviewLib

but couldn't figure out a way to extract a picture. I don't want to use Thumbnails. The only way to load a document is afaik with the SolidEdgeFileProperties assembly. Trying to cast the application object from SolidEdgeFileProperties into the Document interface failed... dang!

Any idea where to start?

Thanks!

Sibi

Edge V18/V19

.NET 2.0 - C#

Posted by: Seb Sosna
Post date: 12/6/2007 11:41:34 PM

2 REPLIES

RE: Extract Document preview without opening SolidEdge

Hi Sibi,

here's some vb.net code. You can pass the size that you want to get a larger image. This is an adaptation of some old code of Jasons (he has probably lost it - but it was in c#)

If you need a c# version I can see if I can find the old code somewhere - but it should be pretty straight-foward to translate...

Cheers

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 12/10/2007 11:22:30 AM

RE: Extract Document preview without opening SolidEdge

Hi Calum,

thanks for your reply! Since the code is in vb.net it won't be a problem to convert it. I'll have a look at it at the weekend. No need to search your hdd's for it /emoticons/smile.gif

regards,

Sibi

Posted by: Seb Sosna
Post date: 12/10/2007 10:42:04 PM