Fileprop's API won't redgster .dll

Yo clever boffin's

I'm having a issue redgestering the Fileprop's API

regsvr32 "C:\WINNT\system32\SolidEdgeFileProperties.dll" From the run menu??

Haven't had a proplem with this command before.

I'm on Win 2000 pro

Cheers

Snow

Posted by: Snow Mackenzie
Post date: 10/23/2006 9:21:52 AM

10 REPLIES

RE: Fileprop's API won't redgster .dll

Hi Snow,

The FileProperties API is a .Net assembly - If you want to use it with VB6 you'll need to use the framework tool regasm.exe. But I don't know if Jason has checked it for COM compatibility - he probably has though...

If not you might just get some funny method names etc...

Cheers

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 10/23/2006 10:28:39 AM

Hi Calum

Thanks for the info. Yep I'm using VB6....havn't had a look at .NET stuff yet.

I'm not sure if i'm doing this correctly or not but here goes

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\regasm.exe C:\WINNT\system32\SolidEdgeFileProperties.dll

from the Run prompt seemed to do something but it's a bit quick on the screen and can't read it.

When I try to add the .dll in vb it says it can't add the reference. I take it the .dll hasn't been Redgerested correctly.....

Does that give you any clues?

Cheers Snow

Oh nearly forgot. I'm on edge V15

Post date: 10/23/2006 12:07:35 PM

Snow,

My .dll is a .NET assembly only. If you need to COM your way into the file properties you can just use the Solid Edge provided API.

Thanks.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 10/23/2006 12:34:24 PM

Thankx Jason

I was just looking forward to using it as it doesn't open the file to expose the prop's info so it's a lot quicker to excute code...Look at it some other way.

Snow

Post date: 10/23/2006 12:45:24 PM

Hi Snow,

I'm in the process of writing a FileProps API in C++. It started out as an exercise to learn the language but it looks like it could actually be worth using when I've finished. I'm hoping to have it done in the next week or two. If you're interested I can let you know and you can help me find the bugs

Cheers

Calum

Post date: 10/23/2006 7:30:36 PM

Hi Calum

MMMMM C++ sounds tricky.That language is a bit of smoke and mirrors to me . I had a bit of a fiddle last night in VB and sort of had half a win....nearly.Well actually found some code on the net and it exposes the first tab in the file prop's just a matter of fiddling with it to get the rest as well (I Hope).

This might help.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9BA6FAC6-520B-4A0A-878A-53EC8300C4C2&displa...

I think it's in Smoke & Mirrors language

or

http://www.codeguru.com/vb/controls/vb_file/article.php/c3019/

Spot Ya

Snow

Post date: 10/24/2006 7:23:46 AM

Oh nearly forgot.

This is wat I've written so far. But the issue is the files have to be opened up for accessing and it's getting a bit tedius if you have 100+ to do. Ummmm It's been written on the Hop a bit so excuses the crashes and spelling (code writer user thing )

Snow

Post date: 10/24/2006 7:34:44 AM

Hi Snow,

I've made a bit of progress myself - All I'm really doing is porting the code I wrote in VB.Net to c++ so I've got the base idea sorted.

The one thing that my API will make available that you don't usually have is the adding (and deleting) of property sets - this will make it possible to store properties that your users will never see

Anyway - I'll give you a yell when I'm done.

On a side note - where you from? don't hear much from other kiwis when it comes to Solid Edge and programming...

Cheers

Calum

Post date: 10/24/2006 8:58:55 AM

Other Kiwi's... Where you from?

I'm in Ashburton .. South Island... In The Cold... Well at least there are plenty of Ski field to play on.....Like I've had a change (not)

Post date: 10/24/2006 9:07:12 AM