Fill balloons

[ Edited ]

I want to fill balloons on Draft with 2 Models. The only relationship between Ballon Object and Node is the ITEMNUMBER, but in this case I have the same ITEMNUMBER for 2 different parts. How can I determine the parent of a Balloon? If my draft contains once Model, I can build following mapping list: BALLOON~ITEMNUMBER # NODE~ITEMNUMBER BALLOON~NODE. What about more than a model on the draft? the solid edge can not help me?

Thank you

Posted by: Abou Mimin
Post date: 12/15/2007 12:32:07 AM

2 REPLIES

RE: Fill balloons

[ Edited ]

I believe the answer lies in your previous post about GetTerminator() does it not? The 1st parameter of GetTerminator() is a reference to the view.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 12/16/2007 8:59:53 PM

RE: Fill balloons

[ Edited ]

You may want to look at the thread witht the subject: Draft: getting the name of each parts/asm and their balloons

You will find some useful information in there that I have found. You have to use a combination of GraphicMembers and ModelMembers to get the information you want. ModelMembers has .ImmediateParent you can use for the parents.

As I mention in the previous post there is no easy way to get the information, especially if you can't make assumptions about wether it is atomic.

Posted by: Carl Breving
Post date: 1/7/2008 10:57:22 AM