Solved! Go to solution

Find the latest revision of an ItemID with SolidEdgeTCE

I'm trying to get the latest revision of an existing Item with a known ItemID with the SolidEdgeTCE interface. The endgoal is to open the latest revision of an ItemID. None of the methods in SolidEdgeTCE seem to do what I want. Is it even possible? I tried GetItemRevBasedOnSEType, but I can't get it to work and I doubt its the method I'm looking for.

Regards,

Jonas

4 REPLIES

Re: Find the latest revision of an ItemID with SolidEdgeTCE

The only way I have done this is to keep checking for higher revisions until you don't find one. Not great, but it works. I can provide example if you need it.

That is exactly how I did it. I start at revision 'Z' and go backwards until there is something in the cache. Unfortunately, there isn't even an exception thrown when there is no file, so I have to try to download it to the cache and check if the file exists in the cache. It works, but I don't like it.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author freijon
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

You can use DoesTeamCenterFileExists method to determine if a revision exists without downloading it to cache.  I also started at "A" and worked my way up until I didn't find one that existed and them went back one.

[ Edited ]

That's indeed a better solution, thanks. We have a few cases where an intermediate revision has no SE datasets, but those are rare I think (hope).