Get Insight Mandatory Properties for custom BOM reporting

Creator
Creator

We are using ST8 with Insight.

I am trying to build a custom BOM reporting tool, and would like to collect the Solid Edge Insight Mandatory Properties.  That is, SEDocID, SERevisionRoot, SERevisedFrom, etc.

I can get this data from the Tools->Reports command, but then I have to manually run the command, paste into excel, format, save as csv, import into other systems....  I am trying to automate the process.

I think that I have two main questions:

1.  is this information actually stored in the files, or do I need to find the right queries into the SharePoint server?  The SolidEdge.Community.Reader is GREAT at pulling out the usual document information, but the Mandatory Properties are different - still trying to figure out where.

2.  Can someone help point me to the correct SDK functions or SQL tables to get this information?

To confirm the properties that I am talking about, from our SP site:

InsightMandatoryProperties.jpg

Thank you.

4 REPLIES

Re: Get Insight Mandatory Properties for custom BOM reporting

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Not sure if this helps but you can map Excel or Access to a document library as a source which is live, and then you can use the app tools to parse the data however you want.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Creator
Creator

That is a neat idea and one to keep around, thanks.  I would still rather be able to run something without excel at any point - I would still have to parse it somehow.  Whereas, if I can get the properties more natively I can pipe the information directly into whatever I want.

I am still left not knowing how to get these Insight Properties, regardless from inside or outside of the Solid Edge Application.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you look in the SDK Help Documentation, find the Isnight Object for Design Manager.  You will find the GetFilePropertiesFromServer method that will let you do this via the Insight API.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/docs/se/109/api/webframe.html

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Creator
Creator

We have ST9 so no Design Manager, but ST8 Revision Manager API does also have the Insight Object.  Thanks, again. 

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/docs/se/108/api/webframe.html

Both SolidEdgeFramework.Application and RevisionManager.Application have Insight Object properties. It would be nice if I could communicate to the Insight/Sharepoint server, using the SDK or other higher-level library with the DLLs, without spinning up an instance of Revision Manager or relying on a running instance of Solid Edge.