Glitch with shaded drawing view

I did a drawing of a syncronous part, with 3 main view and one orthogonal view which I opted to have shaded as the mjodel was. Then I modified the model and of course had to update the drawing but the colours dissapered from the 3D view and even the lines went grey instead of black. I had to delete the view and redo it whereupon it worked again.

Something may need fixing ?

4 REPLIES

Re: Glitch with shaded drawing view

Hi there,

Not specifically a developer group question.....probably best in the Solid Edge Q&A section.

Anyway....what version [and maintenance pack] of Solid Edge are you running, also Windows version & build.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Sorry about wrong forum, I was in the Q&A, as per another post I made this forum is a mess for layout (and i use many forums and moderate a couple).

We are on ST6 straight off the disk

Yes, and the layout is on the brink of an overhaul.....thankfully.

As to the problem at hand.....I regularly make drafts with up around 20 sheets, and all have multiple views, and almost all are shaded.

I have encountered the issue you describe, but way back on ST2 [IIRC], and that ended up being a custom texture map, and merely needed re-applying....could something like this be your problem also?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Well it's not a problem I had in ST4, you hit update views and it updates. obviously now it's fixed (the hard way) I can't try your suggestion but I will if it happens again although this is not how we should have to do things