Hole count

Hi,

I'm counting the number of holes in a sheet metal. I want to know how many "regular", "Tapped" or "Counter Sink" holes has on it.

I look for each feature and when it has only one hole on it, the feature type is "igHoleFeatureObject" and the hole type is on "HoleData.HoleType"

But when more than one hole is on the same feature, the feature type is "igUserDefinedPatternFeatureObject" and don't know where to look for the hole type on it.

any idea?

thanks

borja

Posted by: pepe perez
Post date: 11/8/2005 9:13:50 PM

4 REPLIES

RE: Hole count

Hi Borja!

Man, I swear we've had this conversation before on the Solid Edge newsgroups but I cannot for the life of me remeber the solution. Can you post a reply and attach a sample sheetmetal file that you're working with. I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure it out.

BTW, have you tried using my Solid Edge Spy program to figure it out? That's basically all I'm going to do. Thanks.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 11/9/2005 10:21:01 AM

Hi,

Well, the SE distributor gave me an answer for this question:

When the type of my feature object "objFeat" is "igUserDefinedPatternFeatureObject" or even "igMirrorCopyFeatureObject", we can get the features in it by calling "objFeat.GetInputFeatures(objInputFeatures)" where "objInputFeatures" is an array of features, out parameter.

Needless to say that any of the features in the array could be "igUserDefinedPatternFeatureObject" too, so my hole count function is on a recursive way.

thanks

borja

Post date: 11/9/2005 7:28:56 PM

Well, only to say your SE Spy seems to be a very useful application.

thanks a lot

borja

Post date: 11/9/2005 7:32:46 PM

Hi there,

Hole count thread too, but now refering to weldments.

Well, on sheet-metals, if more than one hole is in the same operation, the operation type is "igUserDefinedPatternFeatureObject" and we have the number of holes in "NumberInputFeatures".

Now I have a weldment operation "igWeldHoleFeatureObject" with more than one hole, but don't know where is the total count. I don't know how can I take the profile of this operation.

The SE help says:

"objFeature.GetProfile(number as long, objInpFeat as array of features)"

but crashes

thanks

borja

Post date: 11/21/2005 4:44:38 AM