How do i get occarance list from draft document which i get manualy from drawing view properties

Creator
Creator

Hi All

i have Draft Document i need to extract occarance list from this document and chage there Layer property to set each componet in diffrent layer. so please help me to do this if any other way posible to move element to layer please suggest..

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Shinde

2 REPLIES

To get the list of occurrences of an assembly drawing, yo...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

To get the list of occurrences of an assembly drawing, you should iterate through the ModelMember list.

But I think, that it is NOT possible what you are going to do. Let me explain:

In SE, each sheet has drawing objects on it and the DrawingView itself is a SINGLE drawing object in this sense!! As the Layer property belongs to a drawing object, you won't be able to change the layer for the auto-generated entities inside a DrawingView.

The entities inside a DrawingView are stored in the DVxxx collections of a DrawingView and each entity has indeed a backlink to the ModelMember to which it belongs.

The other way round, you can also look for the DVxxx collections (or GraphicMembers) on each ModelMember to get the entities which represent this specific assembly occurrence in the view.

BUT: there is NO layer property on that level, so you won't be able to change the layer of these entities (it is my understanding that it is this what you would like to do).

I hope it is clearer now...

Re: How do i get occarance list from draft document which i get manualy from drawing view properties

Phenom
Phenom