How to Convert a SolidEdge File to PDF

[ Edited ]

Can anyone help me ....My actual requirement is to convert solidedge files to *.PDF , the problem is before the SE file completely opens, my saveas command is executing. So before completely opening the file, pdf is created,So this is having half file(i mean not a complete file is created to PDF). So i need to give some time to SolidEdge so that it will completely opens the SE files which i am not able to do so.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Venkata Ramesh V

(I already posted this but didnt got any reply, trying my luck again)

Posted by: Venkata Ramesh Virodhula
Post date: 7/10/2011 11:18:57 PM

6 REPLIES

RE: How to Convert a SolidEdge File to PDF

[ Edited ]

Hi Venkata,

your observation can't hardly be true if opening and saving the draft file as PDF are executed in the same thread. Beside that remark, below a may be interesting global setting of Solid Edge which helps to load draft files of i.e. large assemblies much more faster, but with the negative impact that you can't update views etc.:

mSeApp.SetGlobalParameter(SolidEdgeFramework.ApplicationGlobalConstants.seApplicationGlobalSessionDraftOpenInactive, true)

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 7/11/2011 12:16:45 AM

[ Edited ]

Thank you Wolf

Can you generalize this to all. I mean instead of only draft files, can we do the same so that all the SolidEdge Files (.par , .asm , .dft) can load faster and so the task will become faster .

Thanks

Ramesh

Post date: 7/11/2011 4:52:28 AM

[ Edited ]

Hi,

no, there is no equivalent generalized solution for the other types of Solid Edge files.

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 7/11/2011 6:44:40 AM

[ Edited ]

Thank you

Post date: 7/11/2011 10:47:58 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Don't know if i'm late or if ll' be able to help you but here we use NOVA PDF as a printer and it works very well. It's not free but not to bad and it does the job it has to.

Cutepdf can do a good job also.

Posted by: Alex Gagnon
Post date: 7/15/2011 5:33:44 AM

[ Edited ]

Thanks alex. But Nova or cutepdf is not the default pdf printer as you said. So i cant use this option.

Anyways thanks for the help.

Regards

Venkata Ramesh V

Post date: 7/15/2011 7:14:43 PM