How to SaveAs in an older Parasolid version?

[ Edited ]

I am dynamically creating an assembly document, which I would like to export to different file formats defined by the user.

As the Solid Edge process is automated on a web server, I can't show the SaveAs dialog with the Options button to the web client.

The documentation for the SaveAs() method states, that all arguments except the filename are unsupported and ignored. The format is chosen depending on the given file extension.

How can I use the SaveAs method to export the assembly in a specific version of Parasolid or to distinguish define the different options for a STEP output?

For STEP output, I would probably create a new STEP3D.ini file, but how can I tell SE, which ini file to use?

Jason, as you are updating the API documentation for SE, do you have an idea, if any of these arguments of the SaveAs() call are supported and what do they expect?

Posted by: Martin Bernhard
Post date: 4/28/2011 11:36:18 PM

1 REPLY

RE: How to SaveAs in an older Parasolid version?

[ Edited ]

I cross posted this question in the Solid Edge Programming newsgroup, too, and got an answer there, which I would like to share here.

For Parasolid import/export, SE uses the PSXMT.INI file in the Solid Edge Program folder. You can simply set the used Parasolid version in this file by using an old Win 16 API function. Then, you will simply call the SaveAs method.

The following code, sets the Parasolid version to be created to 20.0. The drive letter S: points to the installation path of Solid Edge:

WritePrivateProfileString("Options", "Parasolid Version", "20.0", "S:\\Program\\PSXMT.INI");

pAsmDoc->SaveAs("C:\\Temp\\Output.x_t");

Posted by: Martin Bernhard
Post date: 4/29/2011 11:15:22 AM