How to Set "Open with default template" to SolidEdge

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Can anyone explain me is there any optioin called "Open with default Template", which i mean by, if i open a Step File (Any Neutral file say step or igs .. etc)  in SolidEdge it is asking me open with which template. Is there any option in SolidEdge so that SolidEdge itself regocnizes the template and opens with the corresponding Template. If so

1. Where can find that option in SolidEdge

2. How to set the same settings from C# code.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Venkata Ramesh V

Posted by: Venkata Ramesh Virodhula
Post date: 7/11/2011 5:39:15 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: How to Set "Open with default template" to SolidEdge

[ Edited ]

Hi,

check the method:

seApp.Documents.OpenWithTemplate(...)

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 7/11/2011 6:41:50 AM

[ Edited ]

Hi Wolfgang,

I think my question was not clear to you. If i use "OpenWithTemplate()" it opens with that template only. Instead i need an option such that when i opened a *.STP file in SolidEdge, it automatically recognize whether *.STP is (PAR or ASM) and open with the corresponding Template.

(This Auto Recognize feature is availble in SOLIDWORKS, so in that case it automatically recognizes the STP file and opens in corresponding template (i.e as PAR or ASM)).

By the way thanks Wolfgang, you are the one posting me the replies for all my queries .

Thanks

Venkata Ramesh V

Posted by: Venkata Ramesh Virodhula
Post date: 7/11/2011 10:54:53 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi Venkata,

hmm, seems that you have to do this on your own by searching criteria in the neutral data files which let you decide when to use an ASM template and when to use a PAR template.

Posted by: Wolfgang Kunert
Post date: 7/12/2011 9:05:49 AM