Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to add part file ( .PAR) file at multiple locations (Or copy a part file within solidedge ASM)

Pioneer
Pioneer

I need to insert a part (.par) in ASM file at multiple locations. Now i am using AddWithTransform method, which is working fine. But now each time it reads the file from the server and inserts it in ASM. This takes too much time.

Instead, can I insert the part first time using "AddWithTransform" and then copy the same part within that ASM at multiple locations using VB.net ? I think it will be much faster.

4 REPLIES

Re: How to add part file ( .PAR) file at multiple locations (Or copy a part file within solidedge AS

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

have you considered "duplicate component" via the UI?  

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Re: How to add part file ( .PAR) file at multiple locations (Or copy a part file within solidedge AS

Pioneer
Pioneer

Frankly speaking no...  But how can I duplicate the part at various locations using VB.NET code ?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

this very much depends on how you want the parts to be located.   

the easiest might be to place new parts and modify its occurrence property  X,Y,Z Translations and Rotations

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Do you add the part file directly from the server?

I assume, that you are copying it first to your current project folder and then use the AddWithTransform with the copied file.

For additional occurrences, you would then use the copied file again.