How to change geometry in Part file?

Hi.

I have a part file with some geometry(geometry1) and parasolid file with another geometry (geometry2) inside. I need to change geometry1 to geometry2 in my part file. How i can do it programmatically?

And is it possible to do without launching SE?

I would appreciate any advice!

Posted by: Walker
Post date: 7/27/2012 8:48:46 AM

1 REPLY

Re: How to change geometry in Part file?

Technically this is possible using the Structured Storage API to replace the PARASOLID stream.

There are two main problems:

1. You'll get no support whatsoever - having said this, the support guys have to figure out what you've done, so if you do it properly there should be no problem Smiley Wink

2. The stream in SE files is not in the same format as the x_t or x_b parasolid files that are generated when you do 'Save As', so it is not a simple case of swapping the streams. I looked into this a while ago (using a cube as a test file) but couldn't quite figure out how the stream is formatted. My plan was to create a par|psm -> xaml converter.

I have overwritten the EMF in a draft file with a modified version before and everything worked fine, so if you can figure out the parasolid format in the embedded stream it should be no problem to replace it with another parasolid converted to the same format.

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 8/16/2012 6:20:26 AM