I have a callout annotation on a draft document that references a hole feature from a part. I'm trying to figure out through the API how one can find the hole data from the part document that is used to fill in the text in the balloon callout in the draft document. I'm referring to such things as hole size (%HS) and hole depth (%HD) .
I've figured out how to get to the hole data collection in the part document by taking these steps:
1) Get terminator object from balloon (returns a DVCircle2d object)
2) Get drawing view object from DVCircle2d
3) Get modelLink object from drawing view object
4) Get Part document object from modelLink object
5) Get hole data from part document
However, I don't see a way to know for sure I'm looking at the right hole data object referenced by the balloon. The only thing that I see I could use is compare the hole's diameter information with that from the DVCircle2d object but that's not a good way if you have holes of the same diameter but different depths on your part.
Posted by: Mark Nalevanko Post date: 6/19/2009 9:12:14 AM