How to get the Active Configuration for SolidEdge Assembly document

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to find the active Components (Parts or sub-assemblies) for a given Assembly with respect to active configuration. So i used the Configurations interface which fetched me the collection of configurations. My problem is that

Code..

// get the active document

SolidEdgeAssembly.AssemblyDocument objAsm = (SolidEdgeAssembly.AssemblyDocument)seApp.ActiveDocument;

// get the collection object for configuration

SolidEdgeAssembly.Configurations Config = (SolidEdgeAssembly.Configurations)objAsm.Configurations;

For (.....

SolidEdgeAssembly.Configuration ActiveConf = (SolidEdgeAssembly.Configuration)Config.Item(CountConfig);

// Configuration name

ActiveConf.Name

1. How to find which is the active configuration in the obtained list of Configurations && one Configuration is repeating twice everytime,  why?

2. After getting the active configuration, how to get the parts,sub-assemblies which are active (i know we can only traverse through active components ).

I used the Revision Manager --> Linked documents ,but that is getting all the components irrespective of the active configuration && irrespective of component is active or inactive.

Any help in this regard appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Venkata Ramesh V

Posted by: Venkata Ramesh Virodhula
Post date: 7/20/2011 12:39:23 AM