How to get when solid edge is idle??

[ Edited ]

I would appreciate someone helping me out with this.  I am trying to catch an idle event from Solid Edge.  I currently have a class derived from CCommand and overriding Idle.  The problem I'm having is how do I register this command so that the event is triggered?  If someone could point me in the right direction or show me how they've done it I would greatly appreciate it.  I have looked at the sample addin that comes with Solid Edge; however, I could not figure out the connection between the locate command it has and registering it.

I appreciate anyone's help with this.

Posted by: Derek Rollinson
Post date: 5/19/2010 4:29:16 AM

2 REPLIES

RE: How to get when solid edge is idle??

[ Edited ]

I might have been misleading with my previous post. What I mean is that I need to somehow get an application idle() callback, whenever it enters its main loop. I have been trying to figure out how to use the idle() callback within the command events for this purpse. Is there someway to get an application idle event, or perhaps run a command in the background for the duration of the session that checks idle()?

Thanks

Posted by: Derek Rollinson
Post date: 5/20/2010 3:01:54 AM

RE: How to get when solid edge is idle??

[ Edited ]

Just saw this in the SE addin doc, thought maybe you could use it. Solid Edge calls OnCommandUpdateUI during idle processing, so if you have code you need called specifically during idle, maybe you can start it here?

hth,

-Zach

Posted by: Zach Hummel
Post date: 5/21/2010 7:14:35 AM