How to make the button appear with the icon and caption?

Hello Jason,

Disregard my previous questions, because now you could go a long way through the archives of conferences you provided here on the site.

Now when I need to know how I do that the button that includes the Addin (the type used Toolbar), appear with the icon and caption too ....

I tried using the "CommandButtonBar.Style = seButtonIconAndCaption" but said ...

See the current code of the "OnConnectToEnvironment:

commandNames(0) = (String.Format("Cadastro{0}Cadastro da Peça / Conjunto{1}Cadastro da Peça / Conjunto{2}Cadastro da Peça / Conjunto", ControlChars.Lf, ControlChars.Lf, ControlChars.Lf))

commandNames(1) = (String.Format("Banco{0}Cadastro do Sistema de Gestão{1}Cadastro do Sistema de Gestão{2}Cadastro do Sistema de Gestão", ControlChars.Lf, ControlChars.Lf, ControlChars.Lf))

commandNames(2) = (String.Format("Configura{0}Configurações{1}Configurações{2}Configurações", ControlChars.Lf, ControlChars.Lf, ControlChars.Lf))

commandNames(3) = (String.Format("Ajuda{0}Ajuda{1}Ajuda{2}Ajuda", ControlChars.Lf, ControlChars.Lf, ControlChars.Lf))

commandNames(4) = (String.Format("Sobre{0}Sobre o IntegraSE{1}Sobre o IntegraSE{2}Sobre o IntegraSE",            ControlChars.Lf, ControlChars.Lf, ControlChars.Lf))

commandIDs(0) = 101

commandIDs(1) = 102

commandIDs(2) = 103

commandIDs(3) = 104

commandIDs(4) = 105

addin.SetAddInInfo(Marshal.GetHINSTANCE(Me.GetType().Module).ToInt32(), EnvCatID, "IntegraSE", 1, 2, 1, 2, commandIDs.Length, commandNames, commandIDs)

'If (bFirstTime) Then

Dim environment As SolidEdgeFramework.Environment

environment = pEnvironmentDispatch

environment.CommandBars.Add("IntegraSE", SolidEdgeFramework.SeBarPosition.seBarTop, False, False)

'Botão Cadastro

Dim btnCadastro, btnBanco, btnConfigura, btnAjuda, btnSobre As SolidEdgeFramework.ISECommandBarButton

btnCadastro = addin.AddCommandBarButton(EnvCatID, "IntegraSE", 101)

btnCadastro.LoadFace(My.Application.Info.DirectoryPath + "\Cadastro.bmp")

btnCadastro.Caption = "Cadastro da Peça / Conjunto"

btnCadastro.DescriptionText = "Cadastro da Peça / Conjunto"

btnCadastro.TooltipText = "Cadastro da Peça / Conjunto"

'Botão Banco

btnBanco = addin.AddCommandBarButton(EnvCatID, "IntegraSE", 102)

btnBanco.LoadFace(My.Application.Info.DirectoryPath + "\Banco.bmp")

btnBanco.Caption = "Cadastro do Sistema de Gestão"

btnBanco.DescriptionText = "Cadastro do Sistema de Gestão"

btnBanco.TooltipText = "Cadastro do Sistema de Gestão"

'Botão Configura

btnConfigura = addin.AddCommandBarButton(EnvCatID, "IntegraSE", 103)

btnConfigura.LoadFace(My.Application.Info.DirectoryPath + "\Configura.bmp")

btnConfigura.Caption = "Configurações"

btnConfigura.DescriptionText = "Configurações"

btnConfigura.TooltipText = "Configurações"

'Botão Ajuda

btnAjuda = addin.AddCommandBarButton(EnvCatID, "IntegraSE", 104)

btnAjuda.LoadFace(My.Application.Info.DirectoryPath + "\Ajuda.bmp")

btnAjuda.Caption = "Ajuda"

btnAjuda.DescriptionText = "Ajuda"

btnAjuda.TooltipText = "Ajuda"

'Botão Sobre

btnSobre = addin.AddCommandBarButton(EnvCatID, "IntegraSE", 105)

btnSobre.LoadFace(My.Application.Info.DirectoryPath + "\Lógica.bmp")

btnSobre.Caption = "Sobre o IntegraSE"

btnSobre.DescriptionText = "Sobre o IntegraSE"

btnSobre.TooltipText = "Sobre o IntegraSE"

Posted by: Fabio Rosa
Post date: 2/20/2009 9:04:40 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: How to make the button appear with the icon and caption?

I have the same problem. Whenever I try to use the LoadFace method on each CommandBarButton object for my addin menu it just shows the image. No matter what I do with setting the caption or button style to show both Icon and Caption, only the icon shows up. It seems like internally Solid Edge does not like having the button style set to seButtonIconAndCaption.

If I don't mess with the CommandBarButton object then I just get a caption as defined through my SetAddinInfo method call. I want to have both an icon and a caption just like most built-in Solid Edge ribbon menus show.

Does anyone have example code that shows how to use the LoadFace command and set the button style correctly? Or if there's a better way of going about it, I'm open to suggestions.  I'm developing with VS 2008 using VB.NET.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by: Mark Nalevanko
Post date: 6/29/2009 4:33:00 AM

Hi,

if you are triyng on ST, I think is a known bug/issue.

Regards

Massimo

Posted by: Massimo Magris
Post date: 6/30/2009 11:54:35 AM

Should already be fixed in a ST SP (now called "MP"). See the sample add-in I posted today - http://www.jasonnewell.net/Forums/tabid/55/forumid/1/postid/3381/view/topic/Default.aspx

Posted by: R.D. Holland
Post date: 8/14/2009 10:24:54 AM