Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open step file in SolidEdge without display alerts

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am trying to open step file in SolidEdge using API but, I dont want display alert (choose how to open file ".asm/.par etc") while opening step file.

I tried using "application.DisplayAlerts = false;" but its giving "unspecified" exception.

4 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: How to open step file in SolidEdge without display alerts

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Use the OpenWithTemplate method:

AssemblyDocument doc = app.Documents.OpenWithTemplate(@"D:\TMP\carrier.stp", @"C:\Program Files\Siemens\Solid Edge 2019\Template\ISO Metric\iso metric assembly.asm") as AssemblyDocument;

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you for response Martin!
It worked.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Martin,

I am actually trying to open file in hidden mode. I was using Open() method to open .stp file in hidden mode by using 2nd parameter of Open() method named "DocRelationAutoServer".
Is there a way to open file in hidden mode and avoid display alerts?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dependend on what you are going to do with the STEP file later, you may open it in another instance of SE which is NOT visible.

Inside the active session, you will always see (also for a short moment) the window of the new document, even if you hide the created window immediately. The ScreenUpdating and Interactive properties do NOT help here!

To avoid the document from being visible, you may HIDE SE temporarily while you are loading the STEP file and hiding the new window. Then, you could show SE again.

Other than these options, I can't see a direct way like for the Open method.