Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set configuration options programmatically

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Is there any way to set the options specified in the PSXMT.INI (like ExportDisplayedParts) programmatically instead of changing it through PSXMT.INI?

Posted by: Santosh
Post date: 6/18/2012 7:17:55 AM

2 REPLIES

Re: How to set configuration options programmatically

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, I don't believe the SDK exposes those options. It should be straightforward to edit or replace the .ini file programmatically, if that's an acceptable workaround. However, I'm not sure if there's a way to get Solid Edge to reload the INI file without restarting, or whether it would be safe to write to it while edge.exe is running.

Posted by: Jay Carlton
Post date: 6/19/2012 8:04:04 AM

Highlighted

Re: How to set configuration options programmatically

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Santosh,

I asked around, and I think I have an answer that should work. It involves accessing a copy of the file from the AppData folder:

[quote]There is no UI option to change location for PSXMT.INI file. If you look at Solid Edge behavior, we copy INI file internally at e.g. “C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 104” if default one is write protected so that option changes made by user on File Open Dialog -> Option dialog can be saved into this INI file. You can try File Open Dialog->Select X_T file->Click on option and look for INI at mentioned location. Users make changes to INI files at this location. If user’s program gets this location e.g. “C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 104” if default one is write protected, INI can be modified to serve your purpose. [/quote]

It looks like it works for me; I get a new copy of PSXMT.INI in that directory when launching the options dialog. I had to select an x_t file first to get the option button to activate.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Posted by: Jay Carlton
Post date: 6/21/2012 7:34:30 AM