How to set configuration options programmatically

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Is there any way to set the options specified in the PSXMT.INI (like ExportDisplayedParts) programmatically instead of changing it through PSXMT.INI?

Posted by: Santosh
Post date: 6/18/2012 7:17:55 AM

2 REPLIES

Re: How to set configuration options programmatically

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, I don't believe the SDK exposes those options. It should be straightforward to edit or replace the .ini file programmatically, if that's an acceptable workaround. However, I'm not sure if there's a way to get Solid Edge to reload the INI file without restarting, or whether it would be safe to write to it while edge.exe is running.

Posted by: Jay Carlton
Post date: 6/19/2012 8:04:04 AM

Re: How to set configuration options programmatically

[ Edited ]

Santosh,

I asked around, and I think I have an answer that should work. It involves accessing a copy of the file from the AppData folder:

[quote]There is no UI option to change location for PSXMT.INI file. If you look at Solid Edge behavior, we copy INI file internally at e.g. “C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 104” if default one is write protected so that option changes made by user on File Open Dialog -> Option dialog can be saved into this INI file. You can try File Open Dialog->Select X_T file->Click on option and look for INI at mentioned location. Users make changes to INI files at this location. If user’s program gets this location e.g. “C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 104” if default one is write protected, INI can be modified to serve your purpose. [/quote]

It looks like it works for me; I get a new copy of PSXMT.INI in that directory when launching the options dialog. I had to select an x_t file first to get the option button to activate.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Posted by: Jay Carlton
Post date: 6/21/2012 7:34:30 AM