How to use GetOccurrences Method for Assembly Pattern

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am trying to get the occurance information ( Name) from the Assembly Pattern as follows,

'---------------------------------------------------

Dim lAssemblyModelDocumentAsSolidEdgeAssembly.AssemblyDocument

Dim

lAssemblyPatterns = lAssemblyModelDocument.AssemblyPatterns

lAssemblyPattern = lAssemblyPatterns.Item(i + 1)

lAssemblyPattern.GetOccurrences(lArrOccurances)

lAssemblyPattern As SolidEdgeAssembly.AssemblyPatternDim lAssemblyPatterns As SolidEdgeAssembly.AssemblyPatternsFor i AsInteger = 0 To lAssemblyPatterns.Count - 1Next

Here lArrOccurances is supposed to be System.Array. In SE programming it is mentioned that it should be Matrix.

Can Anybody tell me how to define this lArrOccurances ?

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi.

Posted by: Ravindra Mujumdar
Post date: 5/8/2010 4:03:22 AM

2 REPLIES

RE: How to use GetOccurrences Method for Assembly Pattern

[ Edited ]

Hello Ravi,

You should declare lArrOcuurances as an empty array.

Then ReDim lArrOcuurances with lAssemblyPatterns.Count

lArrOcuurances should be filled with the following line of code lAssemblyPattern.GetOccurrences(lArrOccurances)

Good luck!

Posted by: Wouter Sloof
Post date: 5/9/2010 10:22:18 PM

RE: How to use GetOccurrences Method for Assembly Pattern

[ Edited ]

Hi ErWo,

Thanks a lot for quick reply.

I tried the way you suggested,

I declared

Dim lArrOccurances() as object

Redim lArrOccurances(lAssemblyPattern.count)

Now lArrOccurances is returning System_ComObject but has no information about

Occurrence like Name etc.

Here I will elaborate more what exactly I want.

Basically I want to know quantity of each part in assembly tree. I am facing a problem of getting quantity for the parts which are patterned.

Case 1

Suppose a part is not repeated in the assembly and has a pattern. Then I get no. of occurrences of this part by running a loop. In this case items in the assembly pattern has a flag IsPatterned as false but IsPatternItem as true. Counting loop iterations I can get total qty.

Case 2

This is where I am facing a problem

I have an assembly in which 2 identical parts say

Part.Par:1

Part.par:2.

Both of them has independent patterns. One pattern has 1 item and other has 3 items.

My problem is how do I know which of the pattern belongs to which of the above 2 parts.

When I look into the occurrence object of each part I get quantity of 1 only. Object only says that this item is Patterned.(IsPattered= True and IsPatternItem = False)

So the confusion is whether Part.par:1 has 2 occurances OR Part.par:2 has 2 occuarnces ?

I get quantity of items in Assembly patterns but I am not able to correlate it with the parts which are patterned in the assembly tree.

Do you agree the way I am going ? OR if is is wrong, will you suggest any other method ?

Buy,

Ravi.

Posted by: Ravindra Mujumdar
Post date: 5/11/2010 3:32:08 AM